Quotable Quotes

"If men are really humble, they will realize that they discover truth, but do not create truth." -Spencer W. Kimball

"It ain't about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward--thats how winning is done." -Rocky Balboa

Friday, July 25, 2008

40 is finally here!!!

I am so excited that 40 has finally arrived. I decided this year to spend it in the temple and my two wonderful sisters-in-law graciously came with me to Louisville. They took me to lunch at Qdoba, which was a lot of fun. The ride down and back was full of talking and laughing. We missed the turn off coming back, but with Stephanie and Bethany to get me back on track, there was no worries.

Bob gave me a super kiss and hug when I got home, plus Ethan and Chris greeted me with special homemade presents. Thanks to my wonderful in-laws for watching children and my sweet husband for picking them up and making the day possible. The first 40 years have been full of laughter, tears, excitement, hard times, surprises and tons of growth. I look forward to the future to be more of the same wonderful experiences.

I have heard it said more than once that every day above ground is a fantastic day. I agree with that philosophy whole heartedly. I thank all those who have made my life special. So a great big happy birthday kiss and hug to everyone!!!

I love you all.

No comments: